We appreciate your interest in our PMPB program and we look forward to helping you reach your goal – admission to healthcare school. Before you apply to our PMPB, please carefully review the following academic requirements that we use evaluate each application. We also suggest you review the frequently asked questions here.
- A bachelor’s degree in science or health-related discipline. The PMPB requires a baccalaureate degree from a U.S. regionally accredited four-year institution or a non-U.S. equivalent institution (foreign credentials evaluation is required).
- Minimum Coursework Requirements:
- 2 Semesters, 3 quarters or 1 Year of English
- 2 Semesters, 3 quarters or 1 Year of Biology with laboratory
- 2 Semesters, 3 quarters or 1 Year of Inorganic (General) Chemistry with laboratory
- 2 Semesters, 3 quarters or 1 Year of Organic Chemistry with laboratory
- 2 Semesters, 3 quarters or 1 Year of Physics with laboratory
- 1 Semester or 2 quarters of Mathematics
- Other Recommended Courses: Social sciences - Behavioural sciences – Languages – Anatomy – Physiology – Biochemistry – Microbiology - Immunology
GPA and MCAT Requirements: The PMPB program is recommended for students interested in medical school who have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 and a science GPA of 2.7 or higher in their undergraduate coursework. An MCAT score of 497 or higher is preferred but not required.
GPA and PCAT: Students interested in other professional health fields such as Pharmacy may also benefit from our PMPB. The California Northstate University College of Pharmacy does not require the PCAT and our PMPB does not offer PCAT preparation. Nevertheless, students can still enhance their academic preparation for seeking pharmacy school admission.
In the event that your academic performance does not meet the requirements or you want to improve your science GPA, you may enroll in our undergraduate program as a non-degree seeking student for up to two semesters. If you decide to pursue this route, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for detail.