3+2 Bachelor of Science to Master of Pharmaceutical Sciences (BS-MPS) Combined Programs
The 3+2 BS-MPS combined programs at California Northstate University College of Health Sciences is a pathway for those interested in pursuing a career in the pharmaceutical field. Students have the opportunity to complete undergraduate education and earn a Master of Pharmaceutical Sciences (MPS) degree in five years.
Students complete prerequisites and academic coursework for admission to the Master in Pharmaceutical Sciences program while attending the College of Health Sciences (CHS) for three years and have the following benefits:
- Priority acceptance to the MPS program at CNU, provided all admission criteria requirements are met
- Tuition savings due to shortened time in school with the 3+2 BS-MPS Combined Programs
- Guaranteed course offerings each semester
- Dedicated and award winning faculty advisors and mentors for each student
- Connection to College of Pharmacy faculty
Students accepted to the BS-MPS Combined Programs begin their program of study in the Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences undergraduate program at CHS. By working closely with CHS pre-health advisors, students are able to complete all the required criteria and academic course prerequisites.
Students in the 3+2 BS-MPS combined programs who meet the following criteria while taking prerequisites at the College of Health Sciences will be admitted to the College of Pharmacy (COP) Master of Pharmaceutical Sciences at CNU:
- Successfully complete the MPS pre-requisite coursework
- Maintain a 3.00 GPA in the undergraduate program and be in good standing each semester
- Participate in at least one MPS activity per year while attending CHS
- Submit a primary application to the MPS program
- Submit a supplemental application to the MPS Office of Admission
- Successfully complete the MPS admission interview
The CHS will hold Mock Interviews to prepare students for the MPS interview process.