Pathway to the College of Dental Medicine (CDM)
If you are interested in becoming a dentist, California Northstate University College of Health Sciences (CNUCHS) is the place to be!
We offer premier pre-health professions education targeted to future dentists.
As a dentist, you will have many wonderful career opportunities to pursue from general practice to specialization, research and development, as an educator, and so much more.
We look forward to being part of your academic and professional journey!
Benchmarks to Meet and/or Exceed for Earning the Priority Interview with CDM
- Successfully complete the CDM pre-requisite coursework (earning your CHS BS Health Sciences degree prior to CDM matriculation is preferred)
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.3 and a cumulative BCP GPA of 3.1
- Be in good academic and conduct standing each semester at CHS
- Maintain full-time enrolled student status each semester at CHS
- Score a minimum 19 Academic Average (AA) with a 19 Perceptual Ability (PA) or higher on the Dental Admission Test (DAT)
- Successfully completed the CASPer exam
- Participate in at least one professional or academic activity per year with CDM while at CHS
- Submit a completed and verified application to CDM through the ADEA Associated American Dental Schools Application Service (ADEA AADSAS).
- Submit a completed supplemental application to CDM as required
- Attend all CHS Annual Summer Pathway preparation workshops while attending CHS
- Satisfy CDM technical standards
- Satisfy all CDM Requirements
Let the knowledgeable CNU faculty and staff help you to achieve your dreams as a health care professional today!