Pathway to the College of Psychology (PSY)
If you are interested in becoming a psychologist, California Northstate University College of Health Sciences (CNUCHS) is the place to be!
We offer premier pre-health professions education targeted to future psychologists.
As a psychologist, you will have many wonderful career opportunities to pursue including Clinical Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Neuropsychology, Engineering Psychology, research, academia, and so much more.
We look forward to being part of your academic and professional journey!
88% of CHS graduates gain acceptances to health professions schools and programs!!
Benchmarks to Meet and/or Exceed for Earning the Priority Interview with PSY
- Successfully complete the Psy pre-requisite coursework AND earn your CNUCHS BS Health Science degree prior to Psy start
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.2
- Be in good academic and conduct standing each semester at CNUCHS
- Maintain full-time enrolled student status each semester at CNUCHS
- Participate in at least one professional or academic activity per year with Psy while at CNUCHS
- Submit a completed and verified application to COPsy through the Psychology College Application Service (PSYCAS).
- Attend CNUCHS Annual Summer Pathway preparation workshops while attending CNUCHS
- Satisfy PSY technical standards
- Satisfy all PSY Requirements
Let the knowledgeable CNU faculty and staff help you to achieve your dreams as a health care professional today!