Pathway to the College of Medicine (COM)
If you are interested in becoming a physician, California Northstate University College of Health Sciences (CNUCHS) is the place to be!
We offer premier pre-health professions education targeted to future physicians.
As a physician, you will have many wonderful career opportunities to pursue from general practice to specialization, being a medical researcher, hospital administrator, educator, and so much more.
We look forward to being part of your academic and professional journey!
88% of CHS graduates gain acceptances to health professions schools and programs!!
Benchmarks to Meet and/or Exceed for Earning the Priority Interview with COM
- Successfully complete the COM pre-requisite coursework AND earn your CNUCHS BS Health Sciences degree prior to COM matriculation
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.5
- Be in good academic and conduct standing each semester at CNUCHS
- Maintain full-time enrolled student status each semester at CNUCHS
- Score 510 or higher on the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT)
- Participate in at least one professional or academic activity per year with COM while at CNUCHS
- Submit a completed and verified application to COM through the American Medical College Application Services (AMCAS)
- Submit a completed supplemental application to COM as required
- Attend all CHS Annual Summer Pathway preparation workshops while attending CNUCHS
- Satisfy COM technical standards
- Satisfy all COM Requirements
Let the knowledgeable CNU faculty and staff help you to achieve your dreams as a health care professional today!